Phnom Penh, August 4, 2021 – Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology of Cambodia – CADT (formerly National Institute of Posts, Telecoms, and ICT – NIPTICT), with the support of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications, CBRD Fund and Smart Axiata, is pleased to announce the opening for applications for the Cambodia ICT Awards 2021 (CICTA21) today.
Cambodia ICT Awards being the largest annual national ICT recognition event in the Kingdom of Cambodia with four main objectives:
- Recognition: To provide national recognition for the achievements and successes of digital innovations in the ICT sector in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Motivation: To motivate innovative uses of digital technology in all ministries, local private companies, startups, social enterprises, NGOs and other relevant institutions.
- Promotion: To raise digital awareness and ICT in the public and bridge the digital gap in the business community, between people living in the cities, provinces, and rural areas, contributing to the development of ICT in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Opportunity: To give opportunity to showcase the achievements in ICT and investment opportunities to become representatives of the Kingdom of Cambodia in regional and global ICT awards.
This year, the Cambodia ICT Awards will have the following six categories:
- Best Digital Government Service of the Year – Products, services, or accomplishments of “state institutions” that use ICT to provide best and valuable services to the public and solve problems for citizens.
- Best Digital Innovation organization of the Year – Products, services, or accomplishments of companies or institutions that innovate and use digital technologies to make their enterprise business become better, faster and more efficient by bringing new competitive products and services to the market.
- Best Social Innovation of the Year – Products, services, or digital accomplishments of private companies or non-government organizations that use digital technologies to contribute to solve the problems of the public and society.
- Best Digital Content of the Year – Products, services or digital accomplishments of private companies or non-government organizations that use digital technologies to produce digital content such as videos, games, audio files, etc. which contribute to solving the problems of the people, the public and the society.
- Best Digital R&D of the Year – Products, services, or accomplishments of companies or institutions in the field of ICT or digital research and development, such as discovering new formulas, new methods, new rules and new innovations.
- Best Digital Startup of the Year – Products, services or accomplishments of newly established companies less than 3 years from the date of official registration. Digital Startup has to be a company that has made a breakthrough with new ideas using ICT.
The companies/entities contesting will be carefully selected by a judging panel those who are appointed from private companies, state institutions, civil society and industry representatives in Digital Technology. The selection qualifications are based on (1) Tech Innovation, (2) Problem Solving, (3) Efficiency of Operation and (4) Marketing strategy.
H.E. Dr. Seng Sopheap, President of Cambodia Academy of Digital Cambodia said, “Through this award competition, we hope that companies and entrepreneurs who have the achievements will gain national recognition to inspire and encourage our young Cambodian to learn digital technology, develop technology services, and create more innovative tech products to contribute to the developing of digital technology sector and boosting the digital economy in Cambodia.”
CICTA2021 is organized with the support from MPTC and Smart Axiata utilizing the Capacity Building Research and Development (CBRD) Fund to develop ICT talents and projects in Cambodia. Each winning category will be given a cash prize of 2,000 USD.
“Our mission at Smart is to connect and make people’s lives better. As a digital enabler, we are looking forward to seeing digital technology applications submitted to CICTA2021, which has proved effective and impactful to the country’s digital ecosystem in the years before. Technology has helped us overcome the pandemic so far; it has transformed and eased the challenges we are facing in the daily lives. Thus, it is vital for us to support and invest in technology as well as innovation as part of national digital economy development,” said Thomas Hundt, Chief Executive Officer of Smart Axiata.
Who can apply for these awards?
Ministries, organizations, local NGOs, private companies, digital startups and universities, that are officially registered and licensed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Students can also apply if his or her work is about “Digital R&D”, which can only be a prototype. Deadline of application is on August 25, 2021.
Interested applicants can apply via this link: https://bit.ly/APPLYCICTA21