1. In a Nutshell
|Institute of Digital Research and Innovation
|Digital Innovation Center
|Business Development Coordinator
|SME support, business development/entrepreneurship, networkbuilding, event organization, business analysis, investment
|Siem Reap, regular visits to Phnom Penh
|Competitive salary depending on qualifications
2. Background: Who we are and what we do
The Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology (CADT) offers the opportunity to dive into the Cambodian digital ecosystem and to be part of its core mission to develop digital talent and drive innovation. When you are interested in technology, startups, and business development, then join our team and be part of our mission. We offer you an open, creative, and innovative oriented environment for your personal career development.
CADT consists of three institutes on one campus, the institute of digital governance, the institute of digital research and innovation as well as the institute of digital technology. Our campus hosts our state-of-the-art innovation center, the newly built tech center, and one of the best tech universities in Cambodia.
The Institute of Digital Research and Innovation is the first of its kind research institute in Cambodia to conduct R&D in digital technology and to drive digital innovation and entrepreneurship in Cambodia. The institute consists of the Digital Innovation Center, the Digital Research and Development Center – focusing on research in AI, data science, robotics, NLP, Cybersecurity, and IoT, and the Digital Policy Think Tank.
The Digital Innovation Center is a department under IDRI that empowers digital entrepreneurs and digital startups to connect academia, industry, and government institutions and identifies digital experts to help public and private.
3. Job Description: Your journey with us
As the newly recruited business development coordinator you will manage the set up of our service and network activities in three target provinces, Siem Reap, Battambang, and Banteay Meanchey, to support digital innovation beyond Phnom Penh. Following a 5A approach – awareness, acquisition, adaptation, advancement, and abandonment – you will influence companies on their digital journey.
The main task of the business development coordinator will be to organize CADT activities in Siem Reap, Battambang, and Banteay Meanchey by building a strong local network and linkage between business, academic and technical experts from Phnom Penh and the provinces.
The business development coordinator will be placed in Siem Reap with regular visits to Phnom Penh and also supports fact-finding activities about the digital maturity of SMEs, and the level of tech usage in the target provinces to develop adequate solutions to better match tech providers, developers, and seekers.
4. Responsibilities: Your tasks in a nutshell
The responsibilities of the business development coordinator will be:
- Organization of a talent placement program between Phnom Penh and companies in the target provinces
- Supporting the organization of exhibitions, conferences, visiting programs, seminars, and workshop formats organized by CADT and GIZ in the target provinces.
- Building up a network with SMEs and startup founders in the target provinces to learn about their challenges and business models
- Identification and seeking of new cooperation opportunities between local entities (private and public institutions) and CADT to support digital transformation projects of enterprises
- Coordination of information campaigns and dissemination of material for enterprises in the target provinces
- Organize innovation events with local universities to inspire entrepreneurship
- Analyzing local market needs, tech transfer issues, and maturity levels of enterprises
- Support CADT innovation and entrepreneurship program
- Transfer approved tech solutions to companies in the target provinces
5. Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum BA degree in business, the management or IT related fields
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the Cambodian digital ecosystem
- Experience in organizing events, seminars, and training programs
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build up a network
- Strong commitment and self-management skills
- Our working languages are English and Khmer. Excellent writing, speaking and reading skills are a must-have.
- Skills in design and layout programs are a plus
- Basic digital literacy is a must-have
- You have a pronounced willingness to learn and are also willing to engage in topics that are new to you
6. What We Provide
CADT provides a growth-oriented working environment, an innovative culture, and a performance-based workplace for ambitious and committed employees, who are interested in technologies and business development.
- Career support to enhance your professional skills in developing exciting activities for startups, SMEs, and students in the field of digital innovation and research.
- The opportunity to gain professional and intercultural experiences, to get insights into emerging technology research such as AI, robotics, IoT, and NLP.
- A platform to establish international contacts and establish a global network.
- Professional learning opportunities and training.
- An office in Siem Reap.
- A competitive salary.
- Travel allowance for regular work trips to Phnom Penh.
Contact Person: Robert Hör
Title: Chief Innovation and Entrepreneurship Officer
Telephone : +855 92 66 80 20