Institute of Digital Governance (IDG), a public research institution under the Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology (CADT), is a driving force for the development of digital governance in Cambodia through training of digital skills for civil servants and advancing the digital transformation in government agencies.
Center for Digital Governance and Technology Promotion (GovTech), a public policy research and technology consultancy under IDG, provides tech consulting and drives the adoption of digital technology to support digital governance and government, thus contributing to the improvement of life quality of the Cambodian people. GovTech also assists government and public institutions with advice on interoperability principles and solutions, digital identity, digital document management system, digitization of databases, and develops digital solutions for various platforms.
IDG is looking for full-time staff to fill the role of Researcher with the following responsibilities
- Assist with identifying digital-related policy issues and where necessary providing recommendations.
- Undertake independent analysis and research on national and international digital-related policies.
- Write policy briefs, policy papers, and related policy reports, including articles in peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes.
- Organize digital-related policy seminars, workshops, and dialogues.
- Assist and work with external partners and consultancies to develop policies relative to national issues related to digital development.
- Assist the outreach activities with research partners, national and international policy communities, and donors.
- Be actively involved in the research, and outreach program at CADT.
- Maintain high academic standards in all research and administrative endeavors.
- Comply with all CADT policies and procedures.
- Undertake other duties as required, consistent with the position.
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Development Studies, Economics, or other relevant disciplines with ICT-oriented, Ph.D. in related ﬁeld is also preferred
- Experienced in a research publication or carrying out a research program
- Experienced in a research institution and/or higher education is preferred
- Experienced in digital policy, ICT, statistics, impact assessment would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and judgment skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Superior planning, organizing, and coordinating skills
- Proven initiative, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to establish, manage and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to perform research-related tasks
- Results oriented with strong organizing, problem-solving, monitoring and reporting skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work constructively in a fast-paced team with multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Produce monthly (12 per year) policy brief, commentary, or perspective on current and emerging digital-related policy/issues
- Produce at least 1 publication as the main author or 2 publications as the co-author in the national/international conference journal
- Join at least 1 research project or successfully bidding or award for the research proposal from ministries, development partners, or other sources
- Hosting regular workshops, training, and conferences to promote digital policy dialogue under CADT and participate at least 6 times as a speaker in national and international digital policy dialogues
- Participate in policy development of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications and relevant ministries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org